With its shorter days and holidays that stretch across several weeks, winter encourages us to slow down and enjoy life’s simpler pleasures. It’s a time when loved ones gather after months caught up in the busyness of work and school, and there’s no better place for a long-awaited reunion than around the holiday table. The subtle beauty of nature’s bounty shines in winter, with muted florals and seasonal produce making the perfect match for gleaming silver cutlery, classic tableware and flickering candlelight. And don’t forget to include a vintage Bordeaux and decadent dessert, the finishing touches to a meal – and a year – well spent.
1. Truffle faux fur throw by Indigo Living.
2. Decanter by Krosno at Indigo Living.
3. Sakura runner by Le Jacquard Français at Heather & March.
4. Sakura and Diamante napkins by Le Jacquard Français at Heather & March.
5. Snail set with eight picks by Ercuis at Heather & March.
6. Cutlery set by Ercuis at Heather & March.
7. Filet Rose soup tureen by Gien at Heather & March.
8. Songe dinner plate and Filet Vert dessert plate by Gien at Heather & March.
9. Figs, mandarins and nuts at Oliver’s The Delicatessen.
10. Harcourt wine glass, tumbler and champagne flute by Baccarat.
11. Squirrel-shaped dish by Christofle.
12. Facette D’Argent candleholder by Christofle.
13. Malmaison cake server by Christofle.
14. Decorative wreaths, floral centrepieces and pewter vases by Ellermann Flower Boutique.
15. Cinnamon cake by L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon - LE SALON DE THÉ.
Photography by Andrew J. Loiterton
Styling by Kate Jones